From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: spam, I assume?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:42:19 GMT
On 16/12/11 14:59, Mike Scott wrote:
> I assume the mail I've just received, subject text "only a few more
> days!", is spam. It starts:
>

> "Team OpenOffice.org e. V.
>
> This is the happiest time of the year!
>
> Christmas time with Team OpenOffice.org – gifts included!
Apologies for following up my own mail. I had one off-list reply to the
effect that "I would be rather surprised if this was not totally ok. Now
that Oracle has got out, another organization needed to be created, and
thesis it." (Please, everyone, can stuff be kept on-list unless there's
good reason otherwise?)

However, I've also found the web page
http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstrategy/213997/apache-disavows-team-openofficeorg-ev
(mind the wrap) which is an interesting read.

Since the email was sent direct to me, not via any subscribed list, I
guess it is spam, pure and simple. I'm forwarding a complaint to the
relevant ISP.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England