From Dave Babcock <ol...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject Re: Make diagrams equal sized
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 18:30:04 GMT
On 12/14/2011 5:19 AM, Martin Hediger wrote:
> Dear List
> I have a spreadsheet with a number of small line diagrams illustraint
> some sets of numbers. How can I make all diagrams appear the same?
> I.e. same x- and y-range. Also, the diagram has something like an
> "outer" boarder that can be adjusted by draging with the mouse, but
> also something like an "inner" boarder, which can be adjusted after
> double-clicking the diagram area. If the inner boarders are not equal
> with two diagrams, then the diagrams will not appear the same, even if
> the outer boarder is the same. How can I synchronize that?
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

I don't know of any clever fixes. I do this every month, almost like
chasing cats at first.
IF you are referring to graphs, I haven't been able to apply
Find-and-Replace and that may apply to "line diagrams" also.
If the graphs are mostly the same, I've had some success with junking
all but one, teasing that one to just the size/shape/colors/line
width/etc I want, then duplicating it as needed, and re-establishing the
data ranges.

Then LOCK the Ht/Wth. Get the positions right (you may be lucky and can
use the Alignment menu for most of the work) and lock them.

This is important: do not Hide rows or columns that intersect the graph
area, and do not make any of those rows or columns greatly wider, even
briefly to see something better.  The positions and SIZES are very
likely to change, and /not/ go back when you do Show.  I'm pretty sure I
have seen this behavior even when everything is locked.

Good luck!
Ol' Bab