From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: Impress with presenter console hangs
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 14:00:43 GMT
On 08/12/2011 23:58, Terry wrote:
> FWIW, the only thing that comes to mind is the hoary chestnut of the settings folder.
 You could rename it and see how the application behaves with a new folder.
> Regards, Terry

Thanks, but that's not it. I removed OOo and then removed all traces
from the registry and filesystem (amazing what gets left behind!),
renamed the old settings folder, then reinstalled and retried. It still
hung, albeit seemingly in a slightly different place.

I'm sad to say it, but I've just installed LO 3.4.4, which seems to work
perfectly. I really can't see, offhand, any reason to go back to OOo......

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England