From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Impress with presenter console hangs
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 20:32:36 GMT
(OOo 3.2/XP on an acer 5601 laptop)

Puzzling. I've had OOo and the presenter console on my laptop for quite
some time - used to work very smoothly to run on two screens.

However, now I find it hangs completely, and has to be killed with task
manager. It gets part way through the first (dissolve) slide change, and
just stops; totally dead, at which point the primary screen shows the
console elements; the second screen shows the part-dissolved picture.

I've removed both OOo and java and reinstalled those plus the console
.oxt file. No change. I can only assume some OOo update since the last
use has killed things somehow.

Disabling the presenter console allows Impress to operate correctly.

FWIW LO with the presenter console running under linux Mint 11 on the
same laptop works.

Any ideas please? I could really use this over the weekend......

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England