From Kandarpa Malipeddi <kandarpa_malipe...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: How to enable the processing of one way calls in asynchronous manner in Apache OpenOffice 3.4?
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 05:24:15 GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

In our use case we are not using
soffice -accept="uno:socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1;urp,Negotiate=0,ForceSynchronous=0;TheComponentContext"

Following is the description of our use case in c++ code:

1. We have Reference<XComponentContext> localContext
2. From this localContext we are retrieving the Reference < XMultiComponentFactory >
as follow:
    Reference < XMultiComponentFactory > localServiceManager = localContext->getServiceManager();
3. From this localServiceManager we are retriving "com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver" service
as follow:
    Reference < XInterface > urlResolverXInterface = localServiceManager->createInstanceWithContext("com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver",
localContext);
4. From urlResolverXInterface we are retriving the Reference < XUnoUrlResolver > as
follow:
    Reference < XUnoUrlResolver >urlResolver(urlResolverXInterface, UNO_QUERY );
5. Invocation of urlResolver->resolve("uno:socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=9999,tcpNoDelay=1;urp,Negotiate=0,ForceSynchronous=0;TheComponentContext");
method results in crash.

We ensured that all References in the above sequence of steps are valid. However invocation
of
urlResolver->resolve("uno:socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=9999,tcpNoDelay=1;urp,Negotiate=0,ForceSynchronous=0;TheComponentContext");
method results in crash.

We debugged the code and found following:
During the invocation of "urlResolver->resolve" method control reaches to "ooo/main/binaryurp/source/bridgefactory.cxx"
file of binaryurp code and in "BridgeFactory::createBridge(...)" method of "bridgefactory.cxx"
file following condition check on line 145 throws exception which causes crash.

Snippet of "ooo/main/binaryurp/source/bridgefactory.cxx" file from line 145 to 154
        if (!(sProtocol.equalsAsciiL(RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM("urp")) &&
              aConnection.is()))
        {
            throw css::lang::IllegalArgumentException(
                rtl::OUString(
                    RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM(
                        "BridgeFactory::createBridge: sProtocol != urp ||"
                        " aConnection == null")),
                static_cast< cppu::OWeakObject * >(this), -1);
        }

We hope the above explanation would be helpful to understand the cause of crash in our use
case.

Thanks & Regards
Kandarpa Malipeddi