From Kandarpa Malipeddi <kandarpa_malipe...@persistent.co.in>
Subject How to enable the processing of one way calls in asynchronous manner in Apache OpenOffice 3.4?
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:04:06 GMT
Hi All,

We have compiled Apache OpenOffice3.4 source code and generated RPMs for core, URE and SDK.
We have installed these RPMs.

While using the Apache OpenOffice 3.4 ure and sdk we observed that, it does not accept the
urp protocol strings with "Negotiate=0,ForceSynchronous=0" parameters (i.e. Usage of "tcpNoDelay=1;urp,Negotiate=0,ForceSynchronous=0;TheComponentContext"
results into crash.)

As a next step we tried removing "Negotiate=0,ForceSynchronous=0;" parameters from protocol
string and observed that it works (i.e. "tcpNoDelay=1;urp;TheComponentContext" works).

>From above observations it seems that, Apache OpenOffice3.4 by default processes one way
calls in synchronous manner. Is this correct?

Due to performance reason, we are interested to use the version of Apache OpenOffice3.4 which
allows processing of one way calls in asynchronous manner.

Can you please suggest us the steps we need to perform to enable the processing of one way
calls in asynchronous manner in Appache OpenOffice 3.4?

Also let us know if there is any patch available to enable the processing of one way calls
in asynchronous manner in Appache OpenOffice 3.4.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Kandarpa Malipeddi | Module Lead - Mobility & Embedded
kandarpa_malipeddi@persistent.co.in<mailto:kandarpa_malipeddi@persistent.co.in> | Cell:
+91-9011095513 | Tel: +91-20-(302) 35486
Persistent Systems Ltd. | Partners in Innovation | www.persistentsys.com<http://www.persistentsys.com/>

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.