From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: spam
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 04:59:56 GMT

On Nov 23, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Terry wrote:

> Thanks to all who have commented.  The Spam is NOT coming through the mailing list BUT
IT IS addressed to the account which I created for this list and use for no other purpose.
 Most is caught by the spam filter but there is a lot of it.

I've noticed that more SPAM gets through to my email since I joined the Apache OpenOffice
project. Oh well for me it is maybe 7 a week instead of 1 or 2.

Sorry for the trouble, I don't know what to do about spammers who mine publicly available
emails. We are not going to be able to hide our identities behind openoffice.org registrations.

Back in the 1990s my email was part of out domain registration. By the mid-2000s I was receiving
200 spams a day both home and in the office. We found an external filtering service and that
60 minute daily time sync went away. I do feel your pain.

Regards,
Dave