From "Harold Fuchs" <hwfa.gmanen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code syntax highlighting: is there anything decent?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:14:49 GMT

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:CAKDXFkM1kQw-Ykkn5Nu-_aJcaOBqnEvmk5nxu2CBqghJU_btJQ@mail.gmail.com...
> Attached is a document which demonstrates the use of three tools for
> highlighting code in OOo:
> The Code Formatter extension
> The COOoder extension
> http://xzfv.appspot.com/s/format.html
>
> As can be seen, none of these are very good (at least with Java). Can
> someone suggest any other tool?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

I have to say that when I was writing code I used a text editor rather than
a word processor. So, MS Word and OOo are word processors even though they
can save files as plain text whereas Notepad and Wordpad are text editors
even though Wordpad can save files in RTF which is a restricted sort of word
processor document. For code, if you're not using an IDE and assuming you're
on Windows, I'd use either PSPAD (http://www.pspad.com/) or Notepad++
(http://notepad-plus-plus.org/). Both are free and very configurable. Both
have Java syntax handling "in the box". Both can be installed on a USB stick
or similar without touching the Windows Registry.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England