From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [OT] Re: a wild conversion issue between OOo and Word
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 05:38:39 GMT
On 11/14/2011 09:23 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 08:44 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> Thanks Gary,
>>
>> The Apache OOo Bugzilla is here: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
>>
>> It is a rehosting of the one previously on the OpenOffice.org site.  New bug
>> reports are coming in just fine [;<).
>>
>> The problem you point to on gmane.org seems to be quite different than the one
>> about funky table wrapping (remember that?).
>>
>> I would definitely file a bug on the problem you've been working.  You can
>> probably also include a link to that gmane post.
>>
>>  - Dennis
>
> Thanks Dennis. I'll work on filing both an OOo and LO bug report.
>
> I think the interesting bit is that OOo 3.3.0 (standard Win) shows dual
> columns on pages 2-5, OOo (go-oo Ubuntu) doesn't show the columns but
> instead presents as single column paragraphs & also shows the reference
> page (7). And of course, the file crashes OOo-Dev, LO 3.3.x and LO 3.4.x.

Ah well... this is interesting:
> This is the LIVE OOo Bugzilla instance. All users must reset their passwords to gain
access. To reset your password, click on the "Forgot Password" link in the header or footer.
Note: Your login will be the e-mail address associated with your Bugzilla account pre-migration
to the ASF.
> The user account glgxg@sbcglobal.net has been created successfully.

But of course there is no "Forgot Password" link on the page &
attempting to login results in:
The username or password you entered is not valid.

I've no time for this now... I'll have another look when I do. In the
interim you & the other folks at OOo-Apache have the information &
ability to easily replicate the issue.