From "Harold Fuchs" <hwfa.gmanen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question Restrict Cell entry to width of cell
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:52:51 GMT

"Dan Lewis" <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1320840667.3318.12.camel@dan-desktop...
> On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 10:17 +0100, Martin Hediger wrote:
>> Dear List
>> I have a Calc spreadsheet where in one column contains links to files on
>> my computer, so the entries are long in terms of number of characters. I
>> dont need to see the whole path all the time, and I wanted to know how I
>> can adjust that only the part of the path fitting into the column width
>> is displayed. Seeing the complete path is confusing and distracts me
>> somehow.
>> Is it possible to adjust this?
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>> Martin

If you place the cursor directly on the border (vertical line) between two
column headings it will change into a vertical bar with one arrow pointing
left and another pointing right. If you now hold down the left mouse button
you can drag the border left or right (by moving the mouse in the relevant
direction) as much as you like thus adjusting the width of one of the two
columns

<snip>

--
Harold Fuchs