From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@msn.com>
Subject Allowing Attachments on List Posts (was RE: a wild conversion issue between OOo and Word)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 04:51:29 GMT
Gary,

I am not sure what the policy is for ooo-users regarding attachments.  I know
that LO doesn't allow them.

Bug reports accept them, but that is a stretch for random users.  Still,
sending an attachment to everyone on a list has its own hazards.

I have seen lists where attachments are moved to an archive and a link is
added to the list message that allows the attachment to be downloaded.

That would solve the problem of message size and even allow the attachment to
be screened for toxins.

Is that the kind of thing the users@ OO.o provides or are you thinking of
simply allowing attachments through?

I am going to see where I can find out what the Apache policy is with regard
to attachments.

 = Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: NoOp [mailto:glgxg@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 20:37
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: a wild conversion issue between OOo and Word

On 11/14/2011 08:19 PM, NoOp wrote:
> Please see:
> <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.general/57343>
> [Problem with the Open Office Text Processing}
> which I picked up from the OOo General list, that displays similar
> issues with a .docx file. Only in this case the file crashes with
> OOo-Dev (and all LO versions). OOo 3.3.0 OOO330m20 (build:9567) opens
> the file, but omits the reference page.
>
> Gary Lee (NoOp)

Added note: this is why it's important to allow .od(x) files (and
screenshots etc) to be posted to the list(s). Were it not for this
ability on the OOo lists, Dr. Kostopoulos most likely wouldn't have
posted the offending file so that it can be examined. Or, if he posted
the file elsewhere it may not have ever been looked at.