From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@msn.com>
Subject RE: spam
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:43:52 GMT
>From one of your friendly neighborhood moderators:

Postings to ooo-users from non-subscribers are moderated.  non-subscriber posts can be moderated
individually or all future posts can be permitted (but it is not the same as being a subscriber).
 Subscription requests are not moderated (unless I have forgotten moderating any).  However,
a subscription can be closed and a subscriber can also be banned by a moderator.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Lewis [mailto:elderdanlewis@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 08:48
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: spam

public. Perhaps postings to this mailing list are also. That could be
the source of the spam to your email account.

--Dan

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 07:32 -0800, Steve Ahlers wrote:
> Terry,
>
> Using the same ISP that you use, I have been able to cut down the amount of spam that
comes to my inbox.  I ALWAYS take the time to mark spam as spam, thus my filter improves with
each instance.  It has taken many years but it is effective.  I do have a few false positives
but I get a few weeks to review the bulk mail folder to correct them.