From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question Replace Path in Calc
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 12:39:44 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Terry <terauck-aoousers@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Use the Find and Replace tool.  If you do not have a toolbar icon, it is in the menu
'Edit' (Ctrl + F).

> When the dialogue opens, press the button on the bottom left labelled "More Options."
Make sure it says to search in 'Formulae' (an anachronism meaning formulas).  Enter the wording
you want to replace under "Search for" and enter the new wording under "Replace with."

That's a good solution.  Another approach is to use Calc's text
functions to calculate the new path.  This can work for more
complicated examples.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Text_functions

LEFT(), RIGHT(), REPLACE(), FIND(), SEARCH(), CONCATENATE() are useful for this.

-rob