From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Export as PDF
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 04:34:48 GMT
At 10:33 14/11/2011 +0100, Martin Hediger wrote:
>I wonder how I can export a selection from and .odg drawing to PDF.
>When I select a number of elements in the drawing, I choose
>File->Export as PDF, and in the following Dialog I check
>"Selection". However, I always end up with a DIN A4 page with the
>selected elements.

I think the clue is in the "D" in "PDF": that format is designed for
final versions of *documents*, not for the interchange of
elements.  So yes: what you get will always be a document in the
chosen page size.

At 13:11 14/11/2011 +0100, Martin Hediger wrote:
>What I was hoping for was a PDF where only the selected elements
>were present, possibly with some kind of small margin of white
>space. If I draw a 5cm square and export it to PDF because i want to
>include it as a graphics in LaTeX, its not very likely to find a
>paper format for exactly that shape, that's why I'm asking.

I'm not familiar with LaTeX, but it seems that you can include PNG,
JPEG, and GIF images as well.

Try this:
o Select your multiple elements - either by using click and
Shift+click or by dragging the cursor to create a rectangle including
your elements.
o Go to Modify | Convert > | To Bitmap (or right-click | Convert > |
To Bitmap).
o Now go to right-click | Save as Picture... .You can save the
collected elements with the minimum of surrounding space in a wide
range of formats - including PNG, JPEG, and GIF.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker