From David B Teague sr <davidbtea...@comporium.net>
Subject Re: spam
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:49:18 GMT
On 11/22/2011 11:17 PM, Terry wrote:
> I am receiving a constant stream of spam.  Does anyone NOT have this problem?
>
> Any suggestions to minimise spam would be welcome.
>
> Thanks, Terry

Terry
I use an ISP that has spam detecting software, and keeps the offending
messages two or three weeks giving me the chance to look at the sources
and subjects and decide what I want to look at and then delete. The few
false negatives that get through are almost always detected by
Thunderbird's Bayesian Junk email detector. I does have to learn, but
the learning is quick.

There are other tools that I'm sure others on the list will describe.

David Teague

--
nil significat nisi oscillat