From Martin Hediger <ma....@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Question Replace Path in Calc
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:52:17 GMT
Hallo
I was using the search & replace dialog and set "search in Formulae".
However, when I replace a "link", it becomes a string, and so no longer
clickable. Then my file does not open. How can I keep it a link to a file?

Thanks for any hints.

Am 02.11.11 13:39, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Terry<terauck-aoousers@yahoo.com.au>  wrote:
>> Use the Find and Replace tool.  If you do not have a toolbar icon, it is in the menu
'Edit' (Ctrl + F).

>> When the dialogue opens, press the button on the bottom left labelled "More Options."
 Make sure it says to search in 'Formulae' (an anachronism meaning formulas).  Enter the wording
you want to replace under "Search for" and enter the new wording under "Replace with."

> That's a good solution.  Another approach is to use Calc's text
> functions to calculate the new path.  This can work for more
> complicated examples.
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Text_functions
>
> LEFT(), RIGHT(), REPLACE(), FIND(), SEARCH(), CONCATENATE() are useful for this.
>
> -rob
>
>> Regards.

>>> 2.718 R2D2 /Users/me/data/r2d2.pdf