From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Old OO.o Mailing Lists
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:54:32 GMT
On 11/2/2011 3:09 AM, Michael Adams wrote:

> Who now owns the website domain name?

Oracle has both legally and technically transferred ownership of the
openoffice.org domain, related domain names, and the various registered
trademarks and brands associated with OpenOffice.org to the Apache
Software Foundation.  The Apache OpenOffice podling's Project Management
Committee is now the group in charge of managing these services, and
they are working on creating a new build of the new product which (I
think) will be called Apache OpenOffice.

The immediate issue is that Oracle has begun shutting down some of the
servers provided to run openoffice.org services, so the Apache
OpenOffice podling is working to ensure there's an Apache-hosted version
of any services (like mailing lists) that we still want to maintain.

> What i am really asking is, how easy would it be to set up a temporary
> forwarder for emails to a moderator from users@openoffice.org and
> discuss@openoffice.org. If you own the A record and the mail server
> it is easy.

This doesn't really help, since the fundamental strategy for any Apache
project is to use apache.org domains for it's work.

For more specific information on the details of how mailing lists are
being migrated (or merged, or deleted as the case may be) folks should
look at the planning wiki for the AOOo (Apache OpenOffice.org) podling:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Mailing+lists

- Shane
   Apache OpenOffice podling Mentor