From Mike Scott <>
Subject Re: Old OO.o Mailing Lists
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:17:30 GMT
On 02/11/11 07:09, Michael Adams wrote:
> Who now owns the website domain name?
> What i am really asking is, how easy would it be to set up a temporary
> forwarder for emails to a moderator from and
> If you own the A record and the mail server
> it is easy.

As you suggest, technically easy. But would it be desirable?

There's already been quite a long notice period, and evidently people
haven't switched over -- providing a "temporary" forwarding facility
would only prolong the agony, as I reckon a goodly number of people will
switch when and only when they're forced to, and not before. I'd rather
see an autoreply from the old list address asking people to resubscribe.

> My main concern stems from the fact that together they still generate
> as much if not more mail/queries than this list.

Maybe there's some doubt in some people's minds as to which is the
better list to get a needed answer from, so they stick to the tried and
trusted. Besides, I could name at least one sufferer of 'chronic
novophobia' :-)

Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

To unsubscribe, e-mail: