From Michael Adams <linux_m...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change in Apache OpenOffice.org Branding...
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 20:59:34 GMT
On Friday 28 October 2011 15:56, Michael Acevedo wrote:
> My proposal in simple words is either 2 of the following options:
>
> 	* Make the first Apache OpenOffice.org release get the 4.0 name as
> it is basically a new and mostly rewritten version of the current
> OOo source code. or
>
> 	* Drop the version number from the Apache OpenOffice.org name.
> I think, I will add a third option here, drop the ".org" suffix and
> go simply with Apache OpenOffice as the project's name.

Undo-able - OpenOffice is a separate company (Dutch from memory), they
release the very good Bluefish editor for linux.

Better to avoid further confusion with them and go with "Open Apache
Office" or similar. But that was not the issue being discussed.
Version numbers was, and it was being discussed on the marketing
list.

[snip]

--

Michael