From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spam
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:47:55 GMT
     Postings to users@openoffice.org mailing list is available to the
public. Perhaps postings to this mailing list are also. That could be
the source of the spam to your email account.

--Dan

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 07:32 -0800, Steve Ahlers wrote:
> Terry,
>
> Using the same ISP that you use, I have been able to cut down the amount of spam that
comes to my inbox.  I ALWAYS take the time to mark spam as spam, thus my filter improves with
each instance.  It has taken many years but it is effective.  I do have a few false positives
but I get a few weeks to review the bulk mail folder to correct them.