From "Harold Fuchs" <hwfa.gmanen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portable LibreOffice Conflict with OpenOffice
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:03:56 GMT

"Gene Young" <n2kvs@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
news:4EA94373.5090405@cfl.rr.com...
> On 10/27/2011 6:07 AM, TJ Frazier wrote:
>> On 10/27/2011 04:23, Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>> I installed the new portable LO
>>> (http://portableapps.com/apps/office/libreoffice_portable) on a USB
>>> stick. When I try to run it, it complains that there is another copy
>>> running. It seems that this is because OpenOffice's (non-portable)
>

>> But, basically, this is an LO problem. Tell them about it.
>
> Try this with FireFox or Thunderbird and you will get the same result. In
> fact I have not found any portable app that allows a second instance of
> the program to run if the installed version is running.  There may be some
> that do but I believe if the program will not allow two instances of the
> same program to run at the same time, regardless of installed or portable,
> then it will not run one from each.
> --
> Gene Young

I'm not complaining about two copies of the same program - Firefox or
Thunderbird in your example. I'm saying LO won't run while OOo is running.
These are *not* [supposed to be] the same program.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England