From "Harold Fuchs" <hwfa.gmanen...@gmail.com>
Subject Portable LibreOffice Conflict with OpenOffice
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:23:14 GMT
I installed the new portable LO
(http://portableapps.com/apps/office/libreoffice_portable) on a USB stick.
When I try to run it, it complains that there is another copy running. It
seems that this is because OpenOffice's (non-portable) Quickstarter is
running on the machine. Of course, OOo's Quickstarter is running for
multiple users who happen to be logged on to the machine (Win XP Pro) so,
although I can kill mine, I can't kill the others.

Is it right that a *portable* version should be prevented from running by a
mere office application (not anti virus or lock-down software or parental
control or anything similar) installed on the machine? Is it right that a
*portable* program should be prevented from running by some process owned by
another *non-admin* user? Is it right that LO is interfered with by OOo? Or
is at least one of these a bug?

Why should I not be able to run LO and OOo at the same time on the same
machine?

Harold Fuchs
London, England