From "Alan Lord (News)" <alansli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change in Apache OpenOffice.org Branding...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:55:44 GMT
On 25/10/11 07:22, Terry wrote:
> I agree that the '.org' can be dropped now.  It had to be used previously because someone
else owns the name 'OpenOffice' but the software could now be named something like 'Apache
Office'.  The subject has been mentioned in comments on the blog and in the ooo-dev list where
the decision will presumably be made.

Don't be too hasty to disregard the [probable] hundreds of millions who
know the name "Open Office".

It always amazes me who has heard of it - when I talk to random people
at parties (non tech) and say I'm in Open Source, invariably the reply
is "Oh, you mean like Open Office?"

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre