From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Forum outage
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 21:09:10 GMT
I think this is not something to address in the abstract.

I suggest visiting the OOo forums and seeing for yourself how
they work and what might be appealing to people who prefer using
their browser to obtain support, find useful information, etc.

Start here: <http://user.services.openoffice.org/>.

Also, not all mailing-list systems are created equal.  If you
have registered an ID at OpenOffice.org, go here and see
what being logged-in with your ID provides:
<http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.

Those lists also
have the usual manage-by-email provisions, but isn't this nice?
Visit the archive of a popular one, visit a post, notice that
replies can be made from your browser (no quoting or threading
though [:<(.

These are not substitutes for each other, even though there is
certainly overlap in what people can accomplish using them. It
is, in particular, not a one-size-fits-all deal.

 - Dennis