From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Volume Issue
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 22:21:15 GMT
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Herter, Scott
<> wrote:
> We are using OpenOffice 3.3 on a server for a JEE application.  The JEE application
talks to OpenOffice using the UNO API to print documents and convert them to PDF.  With 2.4
We managed to get over 1 million conversions on a single stress test.  With OpenOffice 3.3
it got to around 50,000 and slowed down terribly.  This was on a Windows 2008 Server.  We
ran the same test on Windows 7 and didn't have a slowdown.  We were wondering if anyone new
anything about performance issues when running OpenOffice 3.3. on a Windows server.
> Thanks.

What was your OOo 2.4 test on?  Windows 2008 Server or Windows 7?
You seem to be changing two variables, platform and OOo version, so it
is hard to say what the cause is, at least based on your note.

Did you monitor things like process memory and system used paging file
size?  Some sort of resource leak sounds likely.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message