From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change in Apache OpenOffice.org Branding...
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:51:39 GMT
Sorry, a typo in the address.  It should be:
ooo-marketing-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

-Rob

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> A quick announcement:  We just created yesterday a new marketing
> mailing list for the project.  They are also discussing the AOOo
> branding issues there.   If you have an interest in the topic, and
> related marketing topics, I invite you to join that list, where you
> would be most welcome.
>
> To join, send an email to:
> ooo-marketing-subcribe@incubator.apache.org.  You will receive a
> confirmation email which you will then need to respond to.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Michael Acevedo <vea1083@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been reading the OOo forum and first let me congratulate the Apache OOo
team in completing the transition of the source code earlier this month. As for my proposal,
it stems from one statement made in the OpenOffice.org Forums indicating that "Fundamentally,
as a project "OpenOffice.org" is done." If the following is true I think it creates a great
opportunity to refresh the OpenOffice.org brand. My proposal has the following provision:

>> - Drop the "3" or "3.4" suffix from the OpenOffice.org name and either leave the
office suite name as "Apache OpenOffice.org" or "Apache OpenOffice.org 4
>>        * The rationale for this provision is the fact that the OOo code will
undergo (or has undergone substantial rewriting) to allow the source code to be compliant
with the Apache 2.0. licence scheme.
>>        * Furthermore, IBM's decision to donate Lotus Symphony to Apache will
most likely result in a "code merger" with the Apache OpenOffice project which will result
in a very altered (compared to today's) OpenOffice.org source code.
>> Well that's the basic idea behind proposal and I think the brand refresh will be
beneficial for the Apache OOo project.