From Matt Richards <mricha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 01:46:09 GMT
I'm glad the forums service is back online within Oracle's hosting. It would
be nice to have some kind of alternative hosting plan for the forums, in the
event Oracle decides to stop the services they are providing. It does not
appear to be an easy task though, mostly due to heavy politics (forums are
full of them, thus I tent to avoid them personally). I have also noticed
over time in other projects, often users want to use forums or mailing
lists.. Rarely are there people that use both (as a couple have pointed out
within this thread). This is yet another pointless rambling other than to
highlight the point of having an alternative hosting plan sooner than later.