From Gene Young <n2...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Portable LibreOffice Conflict with OpenOffice
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:41:39 GMT
On 10/27/2011 6:07 AM, TJ Frazier wrote:
> On 10/27/2011 04:23, Harold Fuchs wrote:
>> I installed the new portable LO
>> (http://portableapps.com/apps/office/libreoffice_portable) on a USB
>> stick. When I try to run it, it complains that there is another copy
>> running. It seems that this is because OpenOffice's (non-portable)

> But, basically, this is an LO problem. Tell them about it.

Try this with FireFox or Thunderbird and you will get the same result.
In fact I have not found any portable app that allows a second instance
of the program to run if the installed version is running.  There may be
some that do but I believe if the program will not allow two instances
of the same program to run at the same time, regardless of installed or
portable, then it will not run one from each.
--
Gene Young