From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Weird behaviour of Ctrl+W resets file to state of one day earlier.
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:26:47 GMT
Le lun. 17 oct. 2011 20:46:32 CEST, floris v <florisv59@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Op 17-10-2011 20:44, Hagar Delest schreef:
>> Photorec is rather good and it should not take more than some minutes. but my data
are on separate partitions so perhaps the volume of recoverable files is much smaller than
a standard partition with all temporary files.

>> I experienced this only once under Xubuntu with an old version of OOo (vanilla).
Time stamp was fine (showing the last save date) but the content was from the day before.
I saw that once too in a forum. Not sure if this is a problem with OOo or Ubuntu.

>> Hagar
>>
>> Le lun. 17 oct. 2011 18:49:53 CEST, floris v <florisv59@gmail.com> a écrit
:

>>> I got this report from a user at www.oooforum.org. Problem: he had been working
on his file for some days, saving his work about every time he changed something, much like
I do, and making back-ups every day, much like I don't do. Then wanting to edit a lower case
w to an upper case one he accidentally hit Ctrl+W instead of Shift+W, which closed the file
without warning, and on reopening he found that the work of more than a day was lost.

>>> Quote: "I am working on a laptop running Ubuntu linux 10.04 with OO
>>> 3.2. I was saving the work to my hard drive in a directory within my
>>> home folder. I back up all my work to a USB drive every day, and the
>>> las time I had done such a back up was the day before. I also back
>>> up to an external hard drive every week, which I had done the day
>>> before also. Right now I am attempting to recovery the file from my
>>> hard drive to my external hard drive using photorec, but the last
>>> time I tried a recovery on a drive my size it took almost 32 hours
>>> to complete. "
>>>
>>> Is this a known bug or just sheer bad luck?
>>>
>>> Peter aka floris v

> Can I quote that?

Of course yes.
Give also: