From floris v <floris...@gmail.com>
Subject Weird behaviour of Ctrl+W resets file to state of one day earlier.
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:49:53 GMT
I got this report from a user at www.oooforum.org. Problem: he had been
working on his file for some days, saving his work about every time he
changed something, much like I do, and making back-ups every day, much
like I don't do. Then wanting to edit a lower case w to an upper case
one he accidentally hit Ctrl+W instead of Shift+W, which closed the file
without warning, and on reopening he found that the work of more than a
day was lost.

    Quote: "I am working on a laptop running Ubuntu linux 10.04 with OO
    3.2. I was saving the work to my hard drive in a directory within my
    home folder. I back up all my work to a USB drive every day, and the
    las time I had done such a back up was the day before. I also back
    up to an external hard drive every week, which I had done the day
    before also. Right now I am attempting to recovery the file from my
    hard drive to my external hard drive using photorec, but the last
    time I tried a recovery on a drive my size it took almost 32 hours
    to complete. "

Is this a known bug or just sheer bad luck?

Peter aka floris v