incubator-ooo-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: Volume Issue
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:56:08 GMT
On 09/10/2011 23:06, Herter, Scott wrote:
> We are using OpenOffice 3.3 on a server for a JEE application.  The
> JEE application talks to OpenOffice using the UNO API to print
> documents and convert them to PDF.  With 2.4 We managed to get over 1
> million conversions on a single stress test.  With OpenOffice 3.3 it
> got to around 50,000 and slowed down terribly.  This was on a Windows
> 2008 Server.  We ran the same test on Windows 7 and didn't have a
> slowdown.  We were wondering if anyone new anything about performance
> issues when running OpenOffice 3.3. on a Windows server.
>
> Thanks.

I'm using OOo under freebsd, using the command line to convert to pdf or 
doc from odt. Always was slow (it's only a small m/c), but the total 
time jumped from around 10 sec to perhaps 40-50 sec after a similar 
upgrade from 2.x to 3.y (I forget the exact x, y). Maybe v3 slurps up 
more memory; I've not investigated.


-- 
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message