From floris v <floris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 09:56:32 GMT
Op 4-10-2011 11:41, TJ Frazier schreef:
> On 10/4/2011 05:10, floris v wrote:
> <snip>
>>>
>> +1. Some forums have the advantage that you can add users to an ignore
>> list. It'd be great to have that possibility here as well.
>>
> Actually, we probably do. As owner/moderator of a pair of moribund
> ML's for @documentation.oo.o, I can manage those subscriber lists. A
> user could be de-subscribed, or even blacklisted, but that would be
> drastic, and a real troll could find ways around it.

That's not nearly the same thing. Any user on the OOo forum can choose
to ignore the posts by any other user - what happens is that you will
still see that somebody on your ignore list has posted a message in a
thread but the content is hidden. All other users who haven't added that
user to their ignore list will still be able to read his/her post, in
fact you can choose to view it after all. You're talking about banning
and preventing somebody from posting in the future.