From Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forums outage... once again
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:23:39 GMT
Hi Drew, *,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:32:54AM -0400, drew wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 11:43 +0200, floris v wrote:
> > Sorry, I meant second down time this morning.
> >

> Wow that was weird - this time it was still down hen I awoke (along with
> all the rest of the OO.o sites it seems)...
>
> Anyway - it is back up now (about 10 minutes after I started looking),
> during those ten minutes though it did it all
> - couldn't find the http server
> - couldn;t connect to the mysql server socket
> - too many connections
>
> and now no problem.

this seemed to be a general problem at Oracle, at least with its servers
hosting free software projects: as
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok was down, I tried to get
opengrok from the opengrok site in order to start making my own opengrok
server, and it was also down
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+opengrok/WebHome
it came back at the same time the other OOo servers came up.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina