From Robert Holtzman <hol...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 03:23:01 GMT
On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 12:42:16PM -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Bob, Andreas answered your questions.  If you weren't going to
> like the answers, why did you ask?  It seems odd that someone
> answers the questions asked and then gets beat up for it.  Was
> this an exam that Andreas was supposed to pass with an essay
> response?
>
> I agree the ad hominem stuff is too think on both sides of these
> questions.  But his last answers are direct responses to the
> questions you asked.

Errr...I didn't ask any questions.

> Also, his observations about forums were very specific to
> forums that he uses, and he named them.  Not about potential
> forums, or hypothetical forums, etc.  His comparison with some
> lists he also participates in (though un-named) are also based on
> his actual experience and I witness all that too.  This is not
> hypothetical but what users actually are experiencing in some
> very concrete cases.

He mentioned one forum and no lists that I could see (excluding this
one). As I said in my reply, the shortcomings of lists varies from one
to the other. A blanket condemnation is unwarranted.

Also, is there a reason you quoted so much? Just wondering.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,