From Terry <terauck-aoous...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change in Apache OpenOffice.org Branding...
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:37:27 GMT
Thanks.  I don't know about version numbering but I agree that '.org' is no longer needed
nor desirable.

Regards, Terry

>________________________________

a new and mostly rewritten version of the current OOo source code.
>or
>
>    * Drop the version number from the Apache OpenOffice.org name.
>I think, I will add a third option here, drop the ".org" suffix and go simply with Apache
OpenOffice as the project's name.

Lipman <DLipman@Verizon.Net>
>Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:52 PM
>Subject: Re: [Proposal] Change in Apache OpenOffice.org Branding...
>
>I do not understand the point Michael made in that email.  Is he suggesting that no version
number be used?

>Terry
>

>>________________________________

the
>>> Apache
>>> 2.0. licence scheme. * Furthermore, IBM's decision to donate Lotus Symphony to
Apache
>>> will
>>> most likely result in a "code merger" with the Apache OpenOffice project which
will
>>> result
>>> in a very altered (compared to today's) OpenOffice.org source code. Well that's
the
>>> basic
>>> idea behind proposal and I think the brand refresh will be beneficial for the
Apache OOo