From Terry <terauck-aoous...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Change in Apache OpenOffice.org Branding...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:50:16 GMT
Hi, Alan.  I know that.  'Apache
OpenOffice' would be a good name.  I just think the '.org' can be
dropped.  As you indicate, people talk about 'OpenOffice' not
'OpenOffice.org'.

Regards.

someone else owns the name 'OpenOffice' but the software could now be named something like
'Apache Office'.  The subject has been mentioned in comments on the blog and in the ooo-dev
list where the decision will presumably be made.

>Don't be too hasty to disregard the [probable] hundreds of millions who know the name
"Open Office".

>It always amazes me who has heard of it - when I talk to random people at parties (non
tech) and say I'm in Open Source, invariably the reply is "Oh, you mean like Open Office?"