From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Forums outage... once again
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:56:37 GMT
On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 09:23 -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Drew, *,
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:32:54AM -0400, drew wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 11:43 +0200, floris v wrote:
> > > Sorry, I meant second down time this morning.
> > >

> > Wow that was weird - this time it was still down hen I awoke (along with
> > all the rest of the OO.o sites it seems)...
> >
> > Anyway - it is back up now (about 10 minutes after I started looking),
> > during those ten minutes though it did it all
> > - couldn't find the http server
> > - couldn;t connect to the mysql server socket
> > - too many connections
> >
> > and now no problem.
>
> this seemed to be a general problem at Oracle, at least with its servers
> hosting free software projects: as
> http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok was down, I tried to get
> opengrok from the opengrok site in order to start making my own opengrok
> server, and it was also down
> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+opengrok/WebHome
> it came back at the same time the other OOo servers came up.

Yes, so I gathered, but some sites are still down
- the wiki is still throwing the socket error
- the extension site throws a connection reset error, no matter how many
times I try to reconnect..

The forums are back up, the main site apparently didn't have any
problems, at least not for me this morning.

I don;t know all the details and won't pretend that I do, but I am
beginning to feel that the project is moving beyond any point of looking
to Oracle for reasons or culpability and needs to take charge and real
responsibility for it's own infrastructure..seems like a lot of time has
been wasted looking for a perfect solution regarding migration - maybe
it's time to pick the least onerous choice and move now

Anyway - makes sense to kick this over to the dev list I suppose.

Best wishes,

Drew