From Andreas Säger <ville...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 17:47:31 GMT
Am 30.09.2011 18:35, Doug wrote:
> If anybody cares, I *hate* forums. With a list, you get a bit of
> everything,

If it is an emotional question then it is about the end user's emotions
rather than yours.
End user support by mailing lists simply does not work. The acceptance
is extremely low. Same with the overall quality of service due to the
technical restrictions.

> and you can select those things that interest you.
> With a forum, you can only ask a specific question and wait for an
> answer, and you will never learn about anything else.
> (Yes, I know you can read the posts, but it is a lot more trouble, and
> not worth the time and effort.)
> And you have to sign in all the time--it doesn't just appear on
> your screen. Sign-ins are a pain!
> Just my 2¢ doug

Obviously, you have no clue what you are talking about.