From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@msn.com>
Subject RE: How to make a donation?
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:26:06 GMT
There is no objection to donations to Apache.  However, they cannot be targeted.  They must
be donations to the Apache Software Foundation.  They cannot be designated for a particular
project or for a restricted purpose.

With regard to external groups accepting donations for whatever they do, ASF has not expressed
any concern.  It is important to avoid confusion of such organizations and their activities
with the ASF and any of its projects.

 - Dennis

 -----Original Message-----
From: Simon Phipps [mailto:simon@webmink.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:13
To: oooforum@free.fr; ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re:How to make a donation?

On Sep 11, 2011 6:59 PM, "FR web forum" <oooforum@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Cyril Beaussier and I manage the french forum. Some users like
to make a monetary donation.

> If I go to this page: http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html
> We saw that is still the german association.
>
> Can we use it or not?

I've not heard a conclusive statement about Team OOo, so personally I would
not choose to make a donation there at present as the comments from Apache
officials suggest external fundraising is discouraged.

It's possible to donate to Apache at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html  (although you can't
direct the contribution to a specific project).

It's possible to donate to the ongoing development of LibreOffice, which is
also continuing development of OpenOffice.org, at
http://challenge.documentfoundation.org

Hope that helps,

S.