From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:49:53 GMT
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> That is a test fixture to conform that migration is workable onto an Apache-hosted server.
> It is not from a current image and the accounts are all disabled as far as I know.  It
is not a live image and administration is not set up.

> Also, without tying in the OpenOffice.org User ID system, reactivation will be sticky.
>
> It might be what has to be taken live, but it would be nice to have permission of the
current administrators and moderators first.  They did some voting and some of the NL forums
don't want
> to come to Apache.  The vote for the EN forums was far from unanimous.

If the forum does not come up soon, I'd recommend we redirect the URL
to a page that directs users to this ooo-users list for support
questions.

I'm sympathetic to the discussions the the forum volunteers continue
to have regarding the future of the forums.  But we should not let the
users be harmed by the lack of resolution on forum migration coupled
with the current outage of the legacy server.

-Rob