From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Question] OpenOffice.org 3.4 development...
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:58:56 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Michael Acevedo <vea1083@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been in touch with Apache OpenOffice.org's developers mailing list and I have
been wondering when we should end-users expect to see a finalized version of Apache OpenOffice.org?
Could we see it in Q4 2011 or Q2012?

We have not yet announced a release date target for AOOo 3.4.  We
might have our individual guesses, but there is no official target
date yet.

Personally, I think you're in the right range of dates.

The first release of OOo in Apache will require not only the normal
technical activities that every OOo release goes through, in terms of
dev, test, translate, doc, ectc., but also some Apache-specific
procedures, like an IP review, removal/replacement of some components
that do not have a compatible license, etc.  This means that the first
Apache release will require more work than some past OOo releases.
But once that work is done, I hope future AOOo releases will be more
regular.

-Rob