From Italo Vignoli <italo.vign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:03:49 GMT
On 9/30/11 1:21 PM, floris v wrote:

> The database is fine, Terry took care of that. The problem is that lots
> of volunteers don't like the way they're treated by Apache. We can't
> start running the forum at Apache while there's no agreement on the
> conditions of service.

As you know, there is a server available at TDF for the OOo forum.

I am not a technical guy, so I cannot help with setting up the forums,
but I am available to answer questions related to TDF in general.

TDF is a free software advocate, and has always tried to keep the OOo
community together. Unfortunately, there are companies who have gone in
a different direction, and people who are clearly against TDF (for many
reasons, including the fact that some of them have not been accepted at
TDF because we feel they are not behaving properly inside their native
language community).

TDF is a community project. Volunteers have a say in what they do, and
we do not have a specific and immutable TDF way of doing things. Forums
would be open to everyone, and to any flavour of the OOo heritage.

Of course, a positive attitude would be more welcome that a negative
one, as there should always be a positive attitude even in criticizing
and in accepting criticism. We are here to help as anyone else, and we
are open to all contributors.

Our bylaws can help in understanding TDF better. I warmly invite you all
to visit our website and our wiki, and to ask questions where you have
doubts.

I have subscribed to this list on purpose, in order to help forum
members to take their decision in the best way for the sake of users
(being a user myself).

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com