From floris v <floris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forum outage
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:59:16 GMT
Op 29-9-2011 10:41, Andreas S├Ąger schreef:
> Am 29.09.2011 09:28, floris v wrote:
>> [quote]Hello everybody,
>>
>> Let's go green and move the whole thing to LibreOffice. I'm fed up with
>> OOo.[/quote]
>>
>> I'd say: I'm fed up with Oracle. I hope and suppose that Apache has
>> nothing to do with this.
>>
>> floris v
>
> Oracle hosted the forum at their expense as a gesture of goodwill.
> Apache foundation is unable to host the forum for beaurocratic reasons.
> There is a generous offer from TDF.

True, but it's also free publicity with their name on a very large
number of web pages that get a lot of views per day. If this outage was
intentional, it's not a very good PR stunt.
I'm fed up with some of the people at Apache but Oracle donated the
source code of OOo to the "community" as represented by Apache, I'm not
sure how Oracle could donate the forums to Apache as well, because
that's not their property. So Apache could claim that the forums are
forced on them.
A move to TDF and hosting the forums under the flag of TDF and not under
the flag of LibreOffice would be acceptable to me if TDF would show that
it's committed to all flavours/forks of OOo.