From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: fate of OOo list archives
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:40:20 GMT
On 03/09/11 16:18, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Mike Scott<mike@scottsonline.org.uk>  wrote:

>>> I echo Rob's concern on the fate of the archives of the OOo lists, and
>>> express the hope that they will be retained somehow.
>>> --David Teague
>>> Double Bass in Fifths Tuning
>>> Obligato Strings for Fifths Tuning my favorite to date.
>>>

>> I asked the above on the 'old' OOo users list. Better placed here, perhaps.
>>
>> So, will the old OOo list archives be kept or lost, please?
>>

> The OOo lists are archived on MarkMail. Since that is not on an Oracle
> server it is not impacted by the migration.
>
> Do you see anything that is missing from here:  http://openoffice.markmail.org/
>
> If you see something as missing, shout out.  Otherwise, I think the
> archive is not a problem.

That's a different archive from that pointed to by the (old) OOo web
page. In fact, I wasn't even aware of it..... learn something new every
day. OTOH, as markmail seems to be an independent site, I do wonder how
long those archives are guaranteed to be around.... I still regret the
demise of dejanews. Perhaps better kept in-house, IMO.

But thanks for the clarification.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England