incubator-ooo-qa mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <aliu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First experiences with VLCAuto
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 02:13:00 GMT
Hi Rob,
Thanks for your comments.  It's very useful for us to improve the GUI testing.

2012/8/8 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
> I finally found time to experiment with VLCAuto [1].  I did this on a
> Windows XP virtual machine.  Overall it worked well.  I was able to
> run the smoketest and build verification tests.  Only one failure
> reported, in testSlideShow.
>
> Some quick comments that might help improve the documentation,
> especially for new users.
>

> Setup.
>
> 1. There are two missing steps here, a pre-requisite to install:
>
> A. JDK 6
>
> B. Download AOO source code
>
> 2. For importing the projects, I was not able to import both
> testcommon and testgui at the same time.  I had to import one, click
> finish, then repeat with the other project.  The instructions seem to
> say these are done in one step.

Do you select the parent directory of testcommon & testgui as root directory?
If that, you can import the both in one step. It's time to make the
guide more detail.

> 3. When you download JUnit you need to rename the JAR file.
>
> 4. For the openoffice.home parameter, it would be good to give the
> text as a string in the instructions, so it can be copied to the
> clipboard.  Also, have it for Windows and Mac as well.  For Windos I
> had to put it in quotes, e.g., -Dopenoffice.home="C:\Program
> Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program"

Good suggestion. PS, If your AOO is installed in the default
directory, the parameter is not required.

--
Best Regards