incubator-ooo-qa mailing list archives

From Zhe Liu <aliu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First experiences with VLCAuto
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 02:11:04 GMT
2012/8/9 Linyi Li <lilinyi921734@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Rob. Good suggestions.
> VCLAuto is not perfert right now. We will improve it gradually. The
> following is my response based on my understanding of VCLAuto.
>
> Setup.
>>
>> 1. There are two missing steps here, a pre-requisite to install:
>>
>> A. JDK 6
>>
>> B. Download AOO source code
>>

> Firstly to update wiki. The best way is to develop script to download AOO
> and to install AOO automatically.
>

>> 5. Running the tests triggered a few Windows Firewall errors.  I had
>> to explicitly allow Eclipse and OpenOffice to communicate over the
>> port for the tests to run.
>>
>> I found this problem too. But I did not find a way to resolve it. Any
> suggestions?

The default listening port is 12479.   Add it to your firewall
exception list. Or add the java.exe & soffice.bin to exception list.

>> Test case definitions
>>
>> 1. I see a lot of hardcoded sleep statements, 1 second, 2 seconds,
>> sometimes 3 seconds.   Are we going to run into problems with
>> different processor speeds?  Would it be better to refer to a
>> constant, like WAIT.Short, WAIT.Medium, WAIT.Long, so it can be
>> redefined in one place if the tests are run on a much slower (or
>> faster) test machine?
>>
>> Very good suggestion. It is a good way to make test codes more readable
> and easily maintained.

I know Rob's concern. According to the past experience, the best way
is to adjust sleep duration in the sleep method. e.g.

public static void sleep(double seconds) {
  double factor = Double.parseDouble(System.getProperty("sleep.factor", "1.0"));
  seconds = seconds * factor;
  ... // TODO real sleep.
}

--