HI all

One quick question, I found a defect, before reporting it as bug, I did search in the bug list, I did not find similar report. Before reporting I just wanted to share this with you all and confirm.

Working on Fedora 13.  working with Word processor/writer.

I was looking to open a file from my external Hard drive or from internal HDD but from a different partition, the OPEN DIALOG box wont show the drives available, it just displays the home dir.

I tried the same with Open Office 3.2, the open dialog box shows all the drives available and other partitions.

I have attached screen shots for verification.

Regards
Vinay

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> Why aren't we building desktop integration in the snapshots?  If our
>> testing is to be meaningful it should be based on based on the same
>> form of packages that the end users will run, right?
>

> Dev snapshots can be configured as "OOo-DEV" (no relation with the mailing
> list, it is their historical name) or "OpenOffice.org".
>
> The first configuration is for interim releases, does not provide desktop
> integration and is meant for packages that can be installed alongside a
> stable version: I download them and I install them on my main system to
> check bugfixes, but I continue using the stable version.
>
> The second configuration is applied in the pre-release phase and provides
> desktop integration. These packages will overwrite a stable installation
> (unless installed with special switches) and are meant for a full test.
>
> The separation makes sense because in a large majority of cases it's enough
> to have the first kind of configuration to verify a bugfix or test
> regressions, so that the snapshot can be removed or replaced with no worry
> to damage the stable installation.

Hmmm....

If there are bugs in the desktop integration code, them doesn't it
make sense to find them early?

And if there are no bugs, then installing with it would not harm an
existing installation.

I suppose the key point will be for us to coordinate the test plan
with the desktop integration availability, so we test that when it is
available.

-Rob