incubator-ooo-qa mailing list archives

From Vinay <vin03...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QA_Beginner
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:16:08 GMT
Hi Rob

I downloaded the RPM "r1354891", I did follow the instructions, there is no
desktop integration sub dir.

5. cd into the RPMS subdirectory of the installation directory.
You should see a lot of rpms here and one sub-directory
called*"desktop-integration"
*

I installed Open office, But I could not do the desktop integration
features. which is step #7 on the instructions page.

7.Install the* desktop integration features* for your setup. *cd to
desktop-integration* in the installation directory,

Regards
Vinay

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Vinay <vin03.pl@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/r1354891/src/aoo-3.4.1-incubating-src.tar.gz
>> >
>> > on
>> > Fedora 13 (Goddard), I am having trouble with the dmake.
>> >

>> It is not necessary to rebuild from source code.  You can simply
>> download the "full installation sets" from the pre-built dev snapshot
>> page (DEB or RPM files for Linux) and follow the install instructions
>> here:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions_3.4.html
>>

>> -Rob
>>

>> > checking whether configure is up-to-date... yes
>> > checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
>> > checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
>> > checking for gawk... gawk
>> > checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
>> > checking for sed... /bin/sed
>> > checking for solenv environment... default
>> > checking for custom pack.lst... no
>> > checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> > checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> > checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
>> > checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>> > checking whether to enable crashdump feature... no
>> > checking whether to turn warnings to errors... no
>> > checking whether to do a debug build... no
>> > checking whether to build with additional debug utilities... no, full
>> > product build
>> > checking whether to include symbols into final build... no
>> > checking whether to strip the solver or not.... yes
>> > checking whether to enable category B components... no: disabled modules
>> > moz, nss, hunspell, hyphen, saxon, rhino, beanshell, graphite, coinmp
>> > checking whether to enable the Online Update support... yes
>> > checking whether to enable native CUPS support... yes
>> > checking whether to enable fontconfig support... yes
>> > checking whether to enable filters for legacy binary file formats
>> > (StarOffice 5.2)... yes
>> > checking whether to use RPATH in shared libraries... yes
>> > checking whether to use dicts from external paths... no
>> > checking for bash... /bin/bash
>> > checking gcc home... /usr/lib64/ccache/gcc
>> > checking for gcc... gcc
>> > checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>> > checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
>> > checking for suffix of executables...
>> > checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>> > checking for suffix of object files... o
>> > checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>> > checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>> > checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
>> > checking for gcc... /usr/lib64/ccache/gcc
>> > checking the GNU gcc compiler version... checked (gcc 4.4.5)
>> > checking for -Bsymbolic-functions linker support ... found
>> > checking whether to enable pch feature... no
>> > checking for GNU make... make
>> > checking the GNU make version... make 3.81
>> > *checking for dmake... checking for dmake... no*
>> > *configure: no system or user-provided dmake found*

 So

>> example, I

>> install
>> new