incubator-ooo-qa mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compile as USER
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:00:12 GMT
Hello Kevin,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 03:15:36PM -0400, David Cossey wrote:
> Ok, I know I'm missing something fundamental but I can't figure out
> how to accomplish what I need to do.
>
> I'm trying to compile AOO on a supercomputer that I only have USER
> access on. This computer is about 6 years old and doesn't have the
> latest MAKE version needed to compile AOO. I compiled the newest
> version of MAKE, but I can't figure out how to make ./configure look
> for the compiled version rather than the version in /usr/bin/. So
> I keep receiving the error: "Need MAKE version >= 3.81". Any ideas?

you can prepend in $PATH the location where you installed make, or
create an alias.

Supposing it's on $HOME/bin, in the shell you use to build (or in
$HOME/.bashrc if you want this for every shell):

export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH

or

alias make=$HOME/bin/make

Note that this kind of questions should be sent to the development
mailing list: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile