From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO Logo concepts
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:19:47 GMT
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> Just going to put this logo concepts right here, still very rough concepts:
> http://imagebin.org/233080
> concpet 2
> http://imagebin.org/233081
> concept 3 (incomplete)
> http://imagebin.org/233082

Interesting approach.  But to me the brush strokes are more for
drawing than text.  I wonder if it could be made more like an
old-fashioned pen stroke, like calligraphy:

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo_of/alphabet/517671NZV/__alphabet__block_

Also, I wonder if it is worth having a public logo contest?  So define
the constraints on the submissions:  allowed formats, font usage, must
have (TM), etc.   Publicize the contest.  Maybe even have a prize, if
we can find a sponsor.  Then have a public vote.  Narrow it down to 3
choices and then the PMC decides.  Or some variation on this.

-Rob